- Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grade 3 topics and texts, building on others' ideas and expressing their own clearly.
- Report on a topic or text, tell a story, or recount an experience with appropriate facts and relevant, descriptive details, speaking clearly at an understandable pace.
- Speak in complete sentences when appropriate to task and situation in order to provide requested detail or clarification.
- Partition shapes into parts with equal areas. Express the area of each part as a unit fraction of the whole.
- Understand a fraction as a number on the number line; represent fractions on a number line diagram.
- Explain equivalence of fractions in special cases, and compare fractions by reasoning about their size.
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.